Thursday, May 12, 2011

Scrapbooking for Grown Up's

For many years of my adolescence, I spent countless hours and paychecks on scrapbooking.  I looked at it as an art form, which I planned on mastering by the end of high school when the infamous Senior Scrapbook was to be presented to my English teacher.  Since high school ended and my fanatic scrapbooking was put on the back burner, I have accumulated hundreds of thousands of photos that I have wondered how on earth I will ever organize and showcase.

Well as far as fashion goes, I have found a lovely solution.  Meet Lookbook, my new best friend.  This handy little website is the perfect style catalog for any fashionsta (or fashionisto)!  It is a database of individuals looking to share their ensembles with the world, and reciprocate their love of fashion with others.  I just started my very own lookbook, which will be featured on my blog regularly (veer right).  It mimics social networks in a few ways, like the 'hype' button, a familiar friend of the 'like' button on Facebook.  It brings together like minded people from all over the world based on one common love: fashion.

Starting your own lookbook is easy.  There are a few rules to the game, but being able to catalog your own looks not only proves to be self-empowering but also practical, especially on those mornings when you oversleep or lack creative inspiration (aka Mondays).

Check out my lookbook and hype my style!

No comments: