Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Spread Christmas Cheer with Free Cookies and Beer!

To kick of the long road of parties ahead, I began my holiday round robin with Volcom's 4th Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party at the Saloon in Encinitas (my favorite bar in San Diego). Ugly Sweater parties, in my opinion, are a nice combination of silly and festive, and are a chance for holiday enthusiasts to spread Christmas cheer with fellow partiers. This party was no exception: A colorful array of ensembles made up the sea of people that filled the Saloon last Wednesday evening. Everything from tacky and tasteless oldies pulled out from the winter cabin to homemade creations composed of bows, bells and lights were represented, and even some onesie pajamas made it out of the Christmas stash.

The free beer was flowing, everyone was on a good one, and trays of Christmas cookies were being served by Santa's lovely little helpers in their own holiday flair. Local favorite at the saloon Gabe Vega was responsible for the dope soundtrack of the event, and his killer mash up's and electro taste set the scene for an epic dance floor. My girl Marissa and I sported some vintage Adolfo coats, courtesy of my glamourous grandmother, with shiny shoes, pearls, and decorative headpieces (my new obsession, for those who didn't read my piece from the Thread show last week). Other top notch looks: my good friend Tommy's light up snowy mountain village sweater made by his mother, Jordan of Volcom's sweet shark suit, and a chill guy sporting an American flag denim vest with long luscious locks... killer.

Thanks to Volcom for kicking off the holiday season to a great start, and thanks to my boy Brandon Ghio for the pics from the party!


No comments: