Thursday, April 21, 2011

Make your Spring Cleaning FIERCE!

Ever since my first taste of independence in college, I have always been fascinated with styling my home.  Novelty items like vintage toasters and Warhol soup cans line my kitchen, and a mix of photography and pop art litter my walls.  No stranger to styling, Project Runway winner Christian Siriano shares my views on living fashionably.

Like fellow designers Isaac Mizrahi, Diane Von Furstenburg, and Cynthia Rowley, Siriano has brought his knack for design into the home.  His new line of O-Cel-O sponges has the ultimate appeal to neat freaks and fashionistas alike.  “The African, Indian and Asian influences of my 2011 Spring collection served as the inspiration for my sponge designs,” said Christian Siriano. "Both patterns are meant to captivate the consumer's eye through the simplicity of a sponge mixed with great style." ShelterPop recently interviewed the famed designer on his move toward household fashions, check out what he had to say:

ShelterPop: So tell us. Why sponges?

Christian Siriano: I'm really into home, and I love this moment of fashion in your kitchen. I figured, sponges could look a little bit cuter... and not so grimy. It's a different type of project -- more of a graphic design experiment for me. Something not so serious!

ShelterPop: 
How do you make housework fun?

Christian Siriano: Like I said, I'm a clean freak. I get really into it. All I need is good music. 

ShelterPop: Whats on your cleaning playlist? 

Christian Siriano: Ohmigod, it could be anything. Anything from Britney and Christina to old Toni Braxton. And my boyfriend loves Tori Amos so sometimes it can be a little intense. Oh! And we'll even have a bit of classical depending on what's going on.


Whether it's daily dishes or shower scrubbing, I can definitely get down with these fierce sponges!  Check out the O-Cel-O website to gets your gloves on some of your own :)

No comments: